For my 40th birthday
Thursday marks my 40th birthday! I’m going to celebrate with a small group of friends, but the big event I’m planning is Twin Cities Veg Fest. Please join me! It’s on October 29 and 30 from 11 am to 4 pm in Coffman Memorial Union at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. And it’s free to attend! The festival features a wide variety of exhibitors, speakers, and cooking demos! Enjoy free food samples, delicious vegan cuisine, fun cooking demos, and insightful presentations.
Additionally, I’d like to ask you to do something for my birthday. I hope these things can benefit you, me, and everybody. In recent years I have paid attention to being more present, grateful, and open to change (it’s a big challenge!). Consider doing any of the following:
- make eye contact and smile at each person you pass
- show/tell yourself you love yourself
- take a moment to close your eyes, hands on your body, and breathe
- tell someone you love them and why you appreciate their being
- ask for help when you need it
- release tension with a big sigh/loud noise
- learn something new
- create abundance through sharing whatever gift arises in the moment
- initiate a consensual hug
- celebrate the gift of your life
I try to do things like these so that I continue to grow and become a better advocate for compassion to non-human animals and underprivileged humans.
I am grateful to have the opportunity to devote so much time and energy to what I care about. Thank you for helping me by working along side me, by contributing financially, and by sharing your skills, knowledge, and wisdom.
Pictured here is me with Emmett of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary.
Thanks to Cedar Ranney for many of the suggestions above.
Happy birthday Unny! I’m glad you are gonna finally take a break from kicking much ass for animals in favor of a much deserved personal rest. Looking forward to hearing about whatever your next big endeavors will be.