My current personal life mission is to cultivate capacity for social change, in particular for nonhuman animals. I bring together communities to heal emotionally, spiritually, physically, and socially to help us be more loving, compassionate, and sustainable social change activists. My work includes fundraising, activist development, and spiritual facilitation. See my resume for some of my history.
What I’m doing now, as of March, 2021
- I attend a virtual/national/international meditation group for animal advocates and coordinate accountability buddies
- I am enjoying serving on the Board of Directors of Encompass. I was actively fundraising in November and December of 2020.
- I attend and participate in conversations and events around equity and wellness in animal advocacy
- I planned two meditation retreats for animal advocates last month
- I volunteer for Sisters Camelot, where I help distribute reclaimed organic food
Wellness and Social
- I continue to do work with my Mens Collaborative Accountability Group, where we learn about being healthier, just, and loving men and people.
- I have been working on a few different minor medical issues, including digestive issues.
- I have been going to talk therapy every other week. That has been going very well!
- I have started practicing and learning Re-evaluation Counseling.
- I enjoy regular walks, runs, cross country skiing and biking both solo and with a friend. I have also gone sledding and ice skating. I am preparing for a triathlon in September and considering running a half-marathon.
- I am planning a short bike tour in Wisconsin in May.
- Attempting various online dating here and there, happy to meet women
- I edit my townhome association website.
- I have been writing for my neighborhood newsletter, Close to Home
- I have a part-time temporary development (fundraising) contract with Phoenix Zones Initiative. I wasn’t actively searching for work but I came across the opportunity and it felt like a great fit!
- I am determining my career direction. I have a career counselor and am starting to check in with a regular accountability buddy.
- My career direction is clearly pointed at facilitating wellness and healing for social change makers, especially animal activists. I am already doing this work, both paid and unpaid, and I am seeking ways to deepen the work.
- I have enrolled the Movement Chaplaincy Training this summer
- I am enrolled in an executive development program with Encompass (which I also serve on the Board of Directors for).
See the archives of what I’m currently doing.