This picture is from 2018.
Thank you for coming to read this! I’ll try to be open, vulnerable, and authentic, and also provide some practical aspects of my life that will help you decide if we have enough alignment to meet in person and consider a romantic connection.
For many years I would first and foremost identify myself as an animal activist, a bicycle commuter, a child of immigrants from India. All of these things are true. But stripping away these identities and looking at the core of who I am has led me to understand that I am the consciousness that is experiencing these identities. This lesson has been important in my quest to find peace and be humble. It hasn’t lessened my focus on advocating for justice and living sustainably, but it has helped me gain perspective.
I have lived most of my 45 years in the Twin Cities area and currently reside in Minneapolis, Minnesota on occupied Dakota land. I have been married before, once, long ago. I would be happy to tell you more about that time of my life if you are interested. My material wealth feels very comfortable and secure, but also pretty simple. I have an incredible community of friends and activists in Minneapolis that I have been cultivating my entire adult life.
I am called to live in a way that treats each animal as an autonomous individual whose life, suffering, and joy are important. I am vegan, and this is a fundamental part of my lifestyle.
I am open to parenting or not parenting. I am open to adoption, step-parenting or co-parenting, or parenting by birth. Some more practical things about me:
- I do not smoke, drink, or use drugs
- I am cisgender and heterosexual
- I seek a monogamous relationship
Somethings I really like doing:
- Singing, often while biking
- Spending time outside, all year round
- Deepening my empathy and understanding of interpersonal and institutional oppression, and how to lovingly organize resistance
- Cooking with and for friends. I like healthy, flavorful, pragmatic foods
- Free form dancing!
- Playing with small children. We can learn so much from them!
- Learning by experience, followed by study and reflection
- Meeting people and developing meaningful relationships
- Taking myself way too seriously with all this meditation, reflection, and empathizing!
Here is a snapshot of a few of my favorite experiences from 2021:
- Bike trips / camping with friends / visiting friends’ farms and to visit a farmed animal sanctuary
- Organizing virtual meditation retreats to help develop compassion and sustainability in animal advocates
- Swimming in Lake Nokomis and Harriet a couple dozen times
- Joining the Board of Directors of an organization that facilitates racial equity in the animal advocacy movement
I find that everybody I interact with changes me, so I hope to meet you if we think we can help each other grow! Here are some of the things I am looking for:
- I am looking for somebody who shares my values, or perhaps finds them inspirational. My lifestyle and my values are intricately intertwined.
- I like people whose values and lifestyle are inspirational to me. I appreciate seeing different ways similar values are manifested.
- I am drawn to people who are able to be gentle when they are faced with vulnerability and are compassionate when it is hard. These are ways I strive to live, though I stumble just like everyone else.
- I like people who take things slowly.
You can see more pictures of me on Instagram.
I asked my friend Paula to review this profile, and here’s her perspective that she wanted to share with you:
“Unny is a positive and happy soul! When he is in good company, you will find him smiling broadly and laughing loudly. If he’s in the VERY BEST company, he’s sitting coss legged on the floor, in a group sing along, sharing copies of of his “Rise Up Singing” Songbooks and eagerly singing along! He doesn’t hide behind dark sarcasm, but is direct and honest in his humor. Unny is an AMAZING listener and one of the most thoughtful people I know. He sends handmade birthday cards to my family–delivered unobtrusively off by hand–with genuine statements of why he thinks we’re a great person–WHO DOES THAT?!! He is an optimist, pragmatic but also a dreamer. He appreciates moments and gestures big and small. He has a levity that is charming and a knack of making the best of any situation. He is a phenomenal juggler–could probably make a living at it–but you’d never know behind his humble facade. Unny is also a self-driven athlete–prone to biking longer distances than most, in every kind of weather, and has taken up triathlons as a way to keep pushing his limits and to grow. He is energetic and sincere. He will always take a moment to stop and say hello if he is biking past you in the street. I am so excited for Unny to meet his partner–there are few who will truely be deserving of the loyalty, passion and partner-in-crime love that he has been looking to share.”
If this sounds compelling to you and you are interested in meeting me, please contact me and tell me a little bit about yourself. I am happy to answer any questions.