This LEASE AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is entered between ____________________ (“Tenant”) and Unny Nambudiripad (“Landlord”). The Landlord is the owner of a townhome at [address] (“Premises”).
The Tenant and Landlord agree to the following:
- Term of lease: Landlord leases to Tenant and Tenant leases from Landlord the Premises on a month-to-month basis, commencing on the ____ day of ______________, 20___.
- Tenant must provide two month’s written notice of their intent to vacate (“Notice Period”). Landlord must provide Tenant the same Notice Period if he intends to not continue the tenancy with Tenant, except in cases where the Tenant is in default in which case no notice is required to terminate the Agreement. Failure to do so will result in payment of rent for the two month notice period.
- The total monthly rent is $410 (plus utilities, see below), due by the fifth day of each month without setoff, deduction, or demand. Rent is to be paid by check, cash, or online payment service.
- Tenant may clean the Premises for up to two hours and receive a discount on rent on the subsequent month’s rent. To receive this discount, Tenant may clean for one hour or two hours. After cleaning, tenant must provide a photograph of the cleaned area and a brief description of what the tenant cleaned. The cleaning must be completed and the documentation provided by the last day of the month to receive a discount for the subsequent month. A discount of $30 will be provided for one hour of cleaning or $60 for two hours of cleaning. Cleaning must be done in the common areas and may include but is not limited to dusting, sweeping, mopping, and wiping down surfaces.
- Landlord may raise or lower the rent at Landlord’s discretion. Landlord must give 60 days written notice before raising the rent.
- Tenant will pay for one-third of the total of the following utilities: Gas, Water, Electric, and Internet.
- There is no damage deposit.
- The premises are to be used only as a private residence for Tenant(s) listed as parties of this Agreement and the following minor children: ___________________________________________
- The premises shall be occupied by no more than 5 persons, including children. Premises shall not be used for any purpose other than a private residence without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
- No alterations may be made to the premises without the written consent of the landlord.
- Tenant shall comply with all laws, ordinances, rules and orders of all governmental or quasi- governmental authorities affecting the cleanliness, use, occupancy and preservation of the Premises.
- Tenant will not sublet the premises without the prior written consent of Landlord.
- Tenant’s family and guests shall at all times maintain order in the Premises and at all places on the Premises, and shall not make any loud or improper noises, or otherwise disturb other residents. Quiet hours are 10 pm to 6 am
- Tenant shall follow the rules and regulations as stipulated by the Town Oaks homeowners association.
- Tenants shall assist in keeping the entrance sidewalk free of snow and ice.
- No pet, animal, bird or other pet shall be kept on the premises.
- No guns or explosive devices shall be kept on the premises
- Landlord shall not be liable for any damage, injury, or death of the Tenant, Tenant’s family, guests, invitees, agents, or employees or to any person entering the Premises and Tenant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Landlord harmless from any and all claims or assertions of every kind and nature.
- Smoking and recreational drug use inside the home is prohibited. Smoking shall be done outside and all butts and ashes must be cleaned up immediately.
- Lead-based paint. This home was built before 1978, and may contain lead-based paint. See notice.
- Tenant and landlord will be nonviolent and not behave dangerously.
- Landlord will abide by health and safety codes and laws.
- Default. Tenant agrees that any violation of these provisions shall be considered a breach of this Lease and shall result in Tenant being in default. Upon default, Landlord may terminate the lease immediately, and exercise all rights to resume possession, including an eviction action. Acceptance of rent does not constitute waiver of any default.
Print Name: Unny Nambudiripad